How to bypass the 100 MB limit on iPhone. How to download large applications on the mobile network
- How to bypass the restriction on downloading applications more than 100 megabytes
- iPhone: download applications exceeding 100 MB
- Bypass download restrictions in Podcasts
In iOS, there is a very inconvenient and strange restriction. Of App Store It is impossible to download applications that exceed 100 MB in size if your device works via LTE, 3G or EDGE.
This restriction obliges developers to optimize in some way the released applications. Since applications and games weighing less than 100 MB have much more downloads. And the developers are trying by all means not to go beyond the limits of this figure, and even not a lot of “cheating” the system. Up to the fact that the user through the App Store uploaded the game, weighing 95 MB, entered the game and began an additional download, look for 95 MB.
So, how to get around this limitation?
Consider a very simple way to get around this limitation (Suitable for devices without jailbreak). Surely this is just a flaw in the system, but as long as it works, you need to use it! Tested on iOs 9.1 and iOs 9.2 beta 4.
Step 1 - 2. We put on download the program which size is higher than 100 MB through the App Store. A message appears: "The size of this object exceeds 100 MB." Click "OK".
An icon will appear on one of the desktops, which will read “Waiting”.
Step 3. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
Step 4. We are waiting for a couple of seconds until the download starts.
To get around the limitation for devices with jailbreak, you need to find a tweak called 3G Unrestrictor 5. It costs about $ 4 and is committed to removing the download limit. It also allows you to watch Youtube videos in high quality and make backup in iCloud.
Windows Phone is good for many, including, against the backdrop of a more customizable OS. However, in the mobile Windows there are a couple of nuances that are frankly annoying. One of them is the size limit for downloading and updating apps from the Marketplace: apps that are over 100 megabytes in size can only be downloaded via WiFi by default. And although a few versions ago, the operating system began offering to disable this restriction in the settings cellular network , so far in this section, this option has not appeared.
Microsoft's caution is clear. But why not implement a pop-up window that requires you to confirm the download of a large file, as has already been done with updating the system itself? After all, far from everyone has permanent access to WiFi, and buying a router just for updating the phone is pointless.
Well, perhaps, a step to remove such restrictions will be taken by the developers in the next updates. In the meantime, in order to download a program or game of a large size to WinPhone, you will have to “dance a little with a tambourine”. Immediately, we note that the method that will be discussed is applicable only to devices that support flash cards.
In addition to the flash card, you will need a US Browser browser and a file manager. If the specified browser is not yet installed on your phone, do it right now, as in any other browser the trick will not work.
The file manager should be installed on your vinfone if you receive all updates on time. If there is no manager, download the official “Files” application at the link at the end of the instruction and install it. Next, follow the following step-by-step manual:
1. Launch UC Browser.
2. Go to windowsphone.com/ru-ru/store. For quick access to the store page in the future, this address can be added to the quick access panel.
3. Through the search form or the store menu, find the program you want to download. For example, "Six trunks."
On the game page, scroll to the item “Download and install manually” (this item is located after listing the supported languages).
4. Check the "Save to SD-card" checkbox, and then tap on "Regular download".
5. Optional: After the download is complete, open the SD card section in the file manager, find the game file in the UCDownload folder and transfer it to the root folder of the USB flash drive. Sometimes this action is not necessary, as the smartphone, as a rule, scans the entire flash card for the presence of the .xap files.
6. Restart the smartphone.
7. Open the Store app and select “Local apps” in the context menu.
8. Mark the game with a bird, click “Install” and wait for the installation process to complete.
Everything. Now you know how to install a large application on Windows Phone.
There is one unpleasant limitation on the iPhone and iPad. With help mobile internet You cannot download an application that exceeds 100 MB from the App Store. But what to do if there is no access to Wi-Fi, and you need to download the necessary application here and now? In this manual shared the correct way to circumvent the restrictions.
How to bypass the restriction on downloading applications more than 100 megabytes
In order to download a large application or game from the App Store on a cellular network, you need to do the following operation:
Step 1. Start downloading the desired application or game from the App Store. A message appears about the impossibility of loading, click " OK " in the opened window.
Step 2. Turn on Wi-Fi in the “Settings” menu or in the Control Point. Connection to point Wi-Fi access certainly not required.
Step 3. Enable “ Airplane Mode ” in the “Settings” menu or in the Control Point.
Step 4. Turn off your iPhone or iPad, then turn it on immediately.
Step 5. Disable Airplane Mode (no need to turn off Wi-Fi).
After such a simple operation, downloading the desired application or a large game without Wi-Fi will begin!
Know and use:
On the iPhone, I immediately ran into a problem - the fact is that when using the Internet (or) there are certain restrictions on downloading files. Accordingly, when trying to download a game from the App Store (or a podcast) exceeding 100 megabytes, by means of cellular data, an iPad or iPhone asks you to connect to Wi-Fi networks and displays a notification:
The size of this object exceeds 100 MB. To download Sky Force 2014, you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network (if no incremental download is available for this content).
Moreover, this limit (or restriction, as it is more convenient to whom) applies only to standard iOS applications. For example, the file manager installed in the iPhone does not display such vagaries.
iPhone: download applications exceeding 100 MB
This method of circumventing the limit was successfully tested on iPhone 7 with iOS 10.3.2
- Turning on the Cellular data in the Cellular communications settings, launch the App Store and look for an application or game over 100 MB trying to Download or Buy
- iPhone displays a message about the restriction due to the file size exceeded, click - OK
- In Settings or turn it on - Airplane Mode
- Go to the settings and set the date - April 1, 2017
- Continuing is in airplane mode, and turn it on again.
- We turn off Airplane Mode and the miracle of the application has started to download, we observe the loading process on one of the desktops.
- We are returning the date now, otherwise the App Store will stop working and use the application.
Bypass download restrictions in Podcasts
When trying to download a new music collection (or others) from the application (using the Internet cellular operator ) iPhone user also faces the question - How to download a podcast with a weight of 100 MB? After all, here we are notified:
Object larger than 100 MB. To download “Artem Dmitriev aka CHILL - Best of CHILL Winter 2016 Special Mix”, connect to a Wi-Fi network or use iTunes on your computer.
No, well, of course you can go home, turn on the computer with and download gigabytes of podcasts, or use a Wi-Fi access point, but in the century mobile technology (especially with unlimited mobile Internet) to turn on the computer already broke, and there is no access point nearby. Therefore, we dig a little bit and share workarounds. Download the file for more than 100 megabytes in the iPhone's Podcasts too:
- We launch podcasts, go to the Search tab (1) and write the name of the podcast channel (2) in the search, we are writing at ourselves - Chill and click the Search button (Search)
- Go to our channel Chill (3) and watch the podcast, as soon as you decide, pull out the Control Point, turn on Airplane Mode (4), remove the Control Point and click on the cloud icon with the arrow (5)
- Now run Settings - General - Date and time - set the date: March 8, 2017
- Turn off and turn on the iPhone
- Turning off Airplane Mode, go to the Podcasts, click on the section Denied. and at the very top you can see how your podcast is loading in excess of 100 MB.
- After the downloads, set the correct date and time, or you will get to know this -
Today we managed to download two files exceeding 100 Mb in iPhone, without using a computer and Wi-Fi. We downloaded the game from the App Store, audiomaterials from the Podcasts application. All successful downloads!
AT operating system iOS has one very strange limitation. From the App Store, you cannot download applications larger than 100 megabytes (50 MB before) if the Internet on your iPhone or iPad works via cellular communication (EDGE / 3G / LTE). In the article I will offer two ways to circumvent the restriction: with and without jailbreak.
The constraint greatly affects the creation of applications and to some extent forces developers to optimize their applications. Games and programs up to 100 megabytes have more downloads. Developers are tricked by all possible means not to exceed this figure and even "cheat" the system. It is ridiculous: in the App Store, the user downloads a game of megabytes for 90, then enters the game and additionally downloads the levels separately in packs of 90 megabytes each.
Method 1. Bypass the limit of 100 megabytes without jailbreak
This is probably a system bug. But while it works, you need to use it. Tested on and iOS 9.2 beta 4.
Step 1 and 2. We are trying to download an application of over 100 megabytes in the App Store. Pops up a message: "The size of this object exceeds 100 megabytes." Click OK.
The application icon will appear on one of the device’s desktops, but “Waiting” will be written on it.
Step 4. We are waiting a few seconds until the application starts downloading.
Method 2. Bypass the restriction on the iPhone / iPad with a jailbreak
Look for a tweak called 3G Unrestrictor 5. It is paid ($ 4) and is just doing what removes the restriction on downloading. Official site with a description of tweaks - 3gunrestrictor.com.
The description says that the tweak not only removes the limit of 100 megabytes, but also allows via cellular networks.So, how to get around this limitation?
But why not implement a pop-up window that requires you to confirm the download of a large file, as has already been done with updating the system itself?
But what to do if there is no access to Wi-Fi, and you need to download the necessary application here and now?