How to install wordpress on computer? Newbie Tips
The main problem that a novice webmaster often faces is the question of how to put a website on your computer. Many people want to try out various content management systems (CMS) in practice, study the settings, use different templates and see the work of plugins. For these purposes, the use of commercial hosting is too expensive. You can quickly and simply "feel" a variety of CMS on the local computer.
Consider the option of installing the site on a computer, based on one of the most popular CMS - Wordpress . The installation process is quite simple: you only need to download and install the necessary components from the developer sites. Package Denwer assembled all the basic software tools in one package, which can be installed in minutes.
Preliminary preparation and installation of the Denwer package
The local Denwer server can be downloaded directly from it. The installation kit is a "gentleman's kit" of all the tools used in the development of web pages on computers that are not connected to the Web. Denver is installed in a portable version that allows you to work with it from a flash drive. It contains distributions:
- Installation of Denver . The installation process is the most common, goes in console mode. Just follow the installer instructions.
- You need to download the latest version of WordPress.
- To start a local server (localhost), go to drive “WebServers \ etc” on drive C and find the Run.exe program file there.
- At the address “C: \ WebServers \ home” we create a subfolder, the name of which must coincide with the name of the site. As an example, call it "wptest.ru"
Inside the created folder we do another one, calling it “www”. We see something like this:
- Go back to the “Webservers”, where we unpack the entire contents of the WordPress archive.
- The next step is to create the appropriate database. Directly in the address bar we write “http: // localhost / Tools / phpMyAdmin /”, then set the login (the system will offer “root”) and password (initially empty). A new window appears. There in the section “Create a new database” we write an arbitrary name, next to the drop-down list we mark “utf8_general_ci” and click “Create”.
- The installation process of WordPress begins with its subsequent launch. Open the browser, in the navigation bar enter “http://wptest.ru”. A window appears, fill it in:
We create a website
- . "Database Name". In this field we write the name chosen earlier.
- "Username". Here we choose an arbitrary name or agree with the option proposed by the system.
- "Password". We write the necessary data. If the password was not set in advance - just move on, skipping input.
- "Database Server". There is no need to change anything.
- "Table prefix". In this field, the value "wp_" should be left.
Having filled in all the data, click on “Submit” to go further, where we select the “Start installation” item. You will be prompted to enter the site header and email, to which the system will send the admin password. Carefully remembering the entered data, proceed to the final stage. To do this, select "Install WordPress".
The installation process is over. Now even working offline, you can easily open the site that was recently created by us. Just open the browser, write the address “http://wptest.ru” and get down to work on the site.
share with friends: